Back Bay Mission
Back Bay Mission has a simple mission: to strengthen neighborhoods, seek justice, and transform lives. We strengthen neighborhoods through ministries like our education and empowerment programs and our housing rehabilitation program. These vital ministries help the people we serve to be a part of and build their communities on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. As volunteers take what they learn at Back Bay Mission home, they have the opportunity to strengthen their own neighborhoods. We seek justice by helping the people we serve become more involved in their communities, educating people about the realities of poverty, and advocating on behalf of marginalized people in our community. All of our programs transform lives. Whether helping a homeowner keep their home, mentoring a single mother as she plans her path out of poverty, or working with an intern considering a career in social work, Back Bay Mission makes the lives of the people we serve better.
Sunnybrook Children’s Home
The Development Specialist will be responsible for database management, donor and volunteer relations, and assisting the Director of Advancement in fundraising strategies such as planning special events. This position is a vital part of the Advancement staff, providing data, systems, and energy that support all aspects of fundraising and stewarding donors.
Chief Financial Officer
Mississippi Bar Foundation
The Mississippi Bar announces a search for an experienced professional to serve as Chief Financial Officer for the Bar and the Bar Foundation. Primary duties and responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Oversees financial operations for The Mississippi Bar and the non-profit Mississippi Bar Foundation.
- Coordinates and directs financial planning, forecasting, budgeting, procurement, risk management, and investment activities of the Bar and the Foundation.
- Assists in the development of proposed budgets and oversees daily implementation of approved budgets for both the Bar and the Foundation.
- Coordinates efforts for the Bar and Foundation to ensure successful management of daily operations, including management of contracts and vendor relationships, insurance management, and proper asset tracking.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate rules and regulations for tax reporting as well as grant compliance and reporting.
Director of Development
The Little Light House, Central Mississippi
The Director of Development is responsible for the planning, organizing, and overseeing of the coordination, implementation, and administration of programs and activities related to Fund Raising and Special Events and Projects, Community Relations, Website Development, Donor database management, and the Volunteer Program. The Director will establish goals for these areas in cooperation with Management’s approval. This is to be done in a timely, cost-effective manner that fits within the parameters of The Little Light House budget.
If interested in applying, go to the website link below and submit a request for an application.