Tuesday, June 9th @ 9:00 – 10:30 AM
Tuesday, June 16th @ 9:00 – 10:30 AM
This training offers guidance to organizations in developing a strategic plan. The training consists of a set of guidelines and a template. We believe this training to be helpful, but it is not intended to restrict organizations from developing strategic plans with their format and vision. Organizations are encouraged to adapt the materials and information provided here to meet the needs of particular circumstances as they develop and implement their strategic plans.
Why should pathway organizations devote the resources, time, and money towards a strategic planning effort? Bringing together resources from various types of organizations and cultures—all from dynamic and demanding environments, to undergo this process can feel like an insurmountable task. The answer is that an effective strategic plan can ultimately save the organization valuable resources, time, and money by helping members gain consensus on and clearly articulate their priorities and stay focused on their established goals.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understanding the importance of Strategic Planning
- Define Strategic Planning
- Identify strategic alternatives and know a basic outline for a marketing plan
- Develop an appropriate business mission statement
- Describe the components of a situation analysis
- Identify sources of competitive advantage