As is pointed out in the publication Principles and Standards for Nonprofits and Philanthropy Excellence, any nonprofit organization should be continually monitoring its structure, management, finances, accountability, programming, and leadership to ensure it is performing well and achieving results that make life better for children, families, and communities. These Principles are the foundation for The Alliance’s Excellence in Action training, and they are the foundation for ensuring adequate organizational capacity to achieve impact.
The Alliance has been fortunate to have the ability to add capacity since it was formed by the merger of the Mississippi Center for Nonprofits and the Mississippi Association of Grantmakers. As capacity has increased through the creation of a well-rounded team of professionals and a diverse and knowledgeable board of directors, the organization is now poised for even greater accomplishments in the future.
To ensure those future accomplishments are realized, The Alliance will finalize its staffing on January 1st by taking the following actions:
- Ellen Collins, who now is the Chief Operating Officer, will assume a new role as Associate Director
- Dave Miller, currently serving as Program Director, will become The Alliance’s Chief Program Officer
- Sandra Johnson will become Executive Coordinator working both with Sammy Moon and Ellen Collins
- Sammy Moon, current Executive Director, will continue as Executive Director but at a 60% FTE rather than full time
- Maribeth Kitchings, who is now working as a communications consultant, will assume a staff role as Marketing & Membership Associate
- A new full-time fundraiser, a part-time bookkeeper, and an administrative assistant will be added to the staff
We are all here to serve you more effectively, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We encourage you to take advantage of the quality training, technical assistance, and consulting services we offer and do not forget to sign up to participate in one of the affinity/policy groups – education, workforce, and health.
I hope all of you had wonderful, safe, and restful holidays and that the new year will bring fulfillment of hopes and dreams! However, I realize that with the unrest continuing in the world and the global COVID pandemic far from over, it is sometimes difficult to be upbeat and optimistic. I relate to the […]
A look back over the last two years holds painful truths for the nonprofit sector. The COVID pandemic spared no community in the nation and no sector in our economy. But for nonprofits, the challenges were extraordinary. Unlike in the commercial sector, demand for our services increased exponentially while our resources often cratered. Our workforce […]
What happens when people who believe in Mississippi come together to solve problems? Children in Northwest Mississippi have the computers they need to get a good education. A Community Foundation is created to serve the underserved, and nonprofit organizations across the state have access to training, resources, and tools that will help increase their impact, […]