The Mississippi Alliance of Nonprofits and Philanthropy develops partnerships with various vendors to yield special rates on products and services that are available to its members.
Please note that more detailed information on these benefits, including instructions for accessing such benefits, are restricted to Alliance members only, who much be logged in through the member portal to access such information.
GuideStar, a program of Candid, is the largest repository of information about nonprofits in the world. The website, www.guidestar.org, is available to everyone free of charge. All nonprofit and philanthropic organizations that are known to the IRS have a public profile on GuideStar, which can be claimed by each organization and customized, providing better information to prospective donors and funders, as well as the general public. The Alliance has a multi-faceted partnership with Candid that continues to evolve. Here's what's available today for Alliance members:
- The Alliance serves as the Local GuideStar Directory for the entire state of Mississippi – the country's first such statewide directory. This provides members with premium-level access to information contained in GuideStar's database through a live connection directly to GuideStar.
- All members can search this repository, as a benefit of membership, facilitating collaboration between organizations with similar aims.
- All members have access to training on how to improve their GuideStar profile, which has been shown to correlate to increased donor visibility and individual contributions, as well as increased visibility to potential funding sources.
- Philanthropic members can access the full range of GuideStar data on any of the 14,000 active nonprofits located in Mississippi (as well as information about nonprofit organizations that are no longer active or recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt).
- Custom data research is available through the Alliance at a fee based on the complexity of the research. Contact the programming team at email@example.com about assistance with your research needs.
- GrantStation Membership (a $699 retail value) – provides grantseekeers with unlimited access to a database with thousands of current funding sources for your programs or projects, and a weekly e-newsletter on funding opportunities.
- Nonprofit World Magazine – subscription to the only comprehensive national leadership, management, and governance focused magazine in the nonprofit sector, delivered quarterly online in print-friendly PDF format, along with access to over 1,500 available past articles to help answer your most pressing questions or solve your most challenging problems.
- Free Webinars – Free access to all educational webinars, including over 50 hours of on-demand recordings and upcoming live events.
- Certificate of Excellence
Substantial discounts on our online “Certificate of Excellence” series of courses. Earn a recognized credential for your resume with 4.8 continuing education units (CEUs), 48 CAE credits, and the Certificate of Excellence in Nonprofit Leadership and Management.
- Funding Alert – Current grant information, conveniently arranged by category and delivered by e-mail every month.
- Free Job Listings – Post available job opening, board positions, or volunteer opportunities on our national career site.
- Quarterly meetings of nonprofits and philanthropists with opportunities for networking, building partnerships, and collaboration and programs on topics of interest and importance to nonprofits and philanthropy
- Technical assistance and additional resources offered through our network of regional hubs that increase access to educational opportunities for members across Mississippi
- Access to toolkits that currently include:
- Nonprofit Policies (Conflict of Interest, Document Retention, and more)
- Board Development (resources on board duties and responsibilities)
- Access to a comprehensive resource library that includes templates, sample policies and other resources on topics in fundraising, operations and management of nonprofits and philanthropic organizations
Significant discounts on workshops, webinars, forums, events, and other educational programs sponsored by the Alliance and our partners
- Alliance magazine – Members are eligible to receive a 20% discount on new print and digital subscriptions to this magazine for philanthropy and social investment worldwide.
- Inside Philanthropy – Members get at discount of 20% off the subscription price for new subscriptions. Every day, Inside Philanthropy works to explain who's funding what and why. It offers in-depth analyses of foundations and major individual donors found anywhere, along with updates on grants and funding trends.
- Ross & Yerger Insurance – Officers and directors insurance, liability insurance, and free risk management consultation from Ross & Yerger.
- Community Foundation Services – a national listserv for community foundation CEOs to pose questions, engage in conversations and more, and a $400 discount on the Kansas Association of Community Foundations’ On-Line Community Foundation Express Training for new and seasoned practitioners
The Alliance continues to negotiate with other national organizations serving the nonprofit and philanthropic community to increase our ability to provide other programs, services, and discounts to our members.
Check this page regularly for any updates.
Questions about membership benefits should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.