The Mississippi Alliance of Nonprofits and Philanthropy (The Alliance) serves, builds the capacity of, and fosters collaboration within and between Mississippi’s nonprofit and philanthropic communities. By providing high-quality training, technical assistance, and resources to our members, we are helping improve the health and well-being of individuals, children, and families and supporting the advancement of positive social and economic conditions within communities across Mississippi.
Our members include nonprofits, public and private grantmaking organizations, and individuals who make donations to or invest in the nonprofit sector or otherwise support our mission. In addition to discounts on training opportunities and regular updates on the latest news, our members have access to a range of benefits that help them successfully achieve their goals and fulfill their missions, including (click on each title to read more about each benefit):
- The Alliance serves as the Local GuideStar Directory for the entire state of Mississippi—the only statewide local directory in the country.
- Nonprofit members are able to access training on how to improve their GuideStar profile, which contains basic data that is increasingly being used by donors and funders in making funding decisions.
- Philanthropic members are able to access the full range of GuideStar data on any of the 14,000 nonprofits located in Mississippi, enabling them to assess potential grantees and make well-informed investment decisions.
- All members are able to create custom data sets to support in-depth research of Mississippi’s nonprofit sector, which will facilitate collaboration between organizations with similar aims.
- Members will have the opportunity to participate in a first-in-the-nation Statewide Sustainability Assessment, which will be used to identify prospects ready to participate in Network for Good’s Jumpstart Program and inform training needed in fundraising topics by geographic location across Mississippi.
- Members have full access to NFG’s Content and Curriculum Library, including hundreds of fundraising templates and sample materials.
- Members have priority access to the NFG Jumpstart Program across the state, which provides nonprofits with the integrated tools, plan, and one-on-one coaching required to increase fundraising capacity, diversify revenue, and sustain programs.
- GrantStation membership (valued at $699), with unlimited access to a database of funding sources and weekly e-newsletter about funding opportunities
- Subscription to Nonprofit World magazine
- Free webinars, funding alerts, and other discounted products and services
- Significant discounts on workshops, webinars, forums, events, and other educational programs
- Technical assistance and additional resources offered through our expanding network of regional hubs to increase access to educational opportunities for members across Mississippi
- Access to toolkits that currently include:
- Nonprofit Policies (Conflict of Interest, Document Retention, and more)
- Board Development (resources on board duties and responsibilities)
- Quarterly meetings of nonprofits and philanthropists with opportunities for networking, building partnerships, and collaboration
- Alliance magazine, 20% discount on this national magazine focusing on social investments and philanthropy
- ClickTime software that tracks employee time against programs and assists with management of expenses
- The Foundation Review, 20% discount on subscriptions
- ReadyTalk, which provides easy to use audio/video/web conferencing services at up to 40% off regular rates
- RingCentral, 15% discount on comprehensive VOIP phone system, webinars, and audio/video conferences
- Stanford Social Innovation Review, discounts on subscriptions
- CrowdCompass, discount on branded mobile app for events and conferences that allow participants to get real-time updates and evaluate activities
- Coeus Global, discounts up to 40% on required background checks for staff and volunteers
- Officers and Directors insurance, liability insurance, and free risk management consultation through our partnership with Ross & Yerger Insurance
- Community Foundation Services, including a national listserv for community foundation CEOs and a discount for online Community Foundation Express Training modules developed by Kansas Association of Community Foundations
- Foundation Legal Help Desk – discounted access to answers to legal issues related to foundation operations, available in several tiers
We are currently negotiating with other national organizations serving the nonprofit and philanthropic community to increase our ability to provide other programs, services, and discounts to our members. Our goal is to provide comprehensive support and training to enhance our members’ efforts to make transformative and sustainable change in the communities they serve.