Principles & Standards
1. Civic Engagement, Advocacy, and Public Policy
8. Legal Accountability & Transparency
Click here to learn more about the Principles & Standards for Nonprofit and Philanthropy Excellence (c)
EIA© Recertification continues the discussion and review of Legal Accountability & Transparency for the nonprofit sector. As entities that serve the public, nonprofits and philanthropies have an ethical obligation to their constituents and the public to conduct their activities with legal accountability and transparency. Nonprofits and philanthropies should regularly and openly convey information to the public about their missions, activities, finances, accomplishments and impact, and decision-making processes. Information should be easily accessible to the public and should create external visibility, public understanding, and trust in the organization.
Participants will be able to...
- list the three essential legal duties of a board member and their general duties.
- review state and federally required reporting requirements and policies.
- discuss the legal requirements of donations, including donor acknowledgment.
Click here to learn more about the Excellence in Action Certification.