Mental Models: A Refreshing Look at Redefining Reality
Principle & Standard
7. Leadership and Organizational Culture
Click here to learn more about the Principles & Standards for Nonprofit and Philanthropy Excellence (c)
A Mental Model is an explanation of someone's thought process about how something works in the real world. Mental Models evolve from the relationships between world experiences and a person's intuitive perception about his or her own acts and their consequences. This training will offer some practical suggestions for how we can uniquely apply our experiences to manage processes, people, and our propensities more productively.
Participants will be able to...
- define mental models and describe how they influence the workplace.
- recognize the assumptions in their mental models.
- avoid typical mental mistakes.
- implement strategies to adjust inaccurate mental models.