The Art of Nonprofit Storytelling
Storytelling is a critical piece of a nonprofit's communications strategy, and it's even more important when we're faced with too much information and too little time. In a time when we're all craving connection and authenticity, how can your nonprofit use effective storytelling to connect with your stakeholders - your clients, donors, volunteers, and partners? What stories should you be telling? How should you adapt your communications during a time like this? How can you use effective storytelling across all your channels, including on social media?
In this virtual training, we'll explore:
- Why storytelling is so important (and even more so during a crisis!)
- Types of stories to tell
- Adapting stories to be used across different channels
- Sharing stories responsibly & ethically
Participants will be able to...
- identify types of stories to tell and when to use each type to be most impactful
- adapt stories to be used effectively across various channels
- create a system for collecting, storing, and sharing stories in their organization